Subject: Proposal on new Meta Manifest due to last call's discussion

Elias,

on our last call, you proposed a change of the metadata manifest [1].
I stumbled into changes that add similar information, but might as well
clarify our original metadata manifest (example attached as
manifest_earlier.rdf).

As Bruce requested to rephrase the description of the meta manifest, I
had to realize how none-verbose the Property Elements "mm:entry" and
"mm:element" are.

For instance, the wording of the following RDF statement would be quite
bumpy:
mm:Manifest mm:entry mm:Entry .

I tried to exchange the predicate to something existing and found
http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#hasPart
mm:Manifest dcterm:hasPart mm:Entry .

This was much better, but the following still does not work:
mm:Manifest dcterms:hasPart odf:Element .

Therefore I did some further changes. Even if we name a file
"manifest.rdf", we do not have to describe in RDF the Manifest, but may
directly describe the ODF package the Manifest is about.
Therefore the above statement could be written equally as:
odf:Package dcterms:hasPart odf:File .

This would make a wording for the spec much easier - a good sign for the
ease of understanding.
And now I would be able to give two new statements to solve our IRC call
problem:

odf:File dcterms:hasPart odf:Element .
odf:File dcterms:references odf:Element .

As the odf:Element is only in content.xml and styles.xml I might say as
well:
odf:Content dcterms:hasPart odf:Element .

Where odf:Content is subclass of odf:File.
Like
odf:Content a rdfs:Class; rdfs:subClassOf odf:File .
similar to
:Woman a rdfs:Class; rdfs:subClassOf :Person . [2]

Find a complete meta manifest example attached, which provides the
information to get from a text:meta-field in the content to a RDF/XML
file (Named Graph).

PS:
One nice side effect, we do not need the mm namespace any longer.
Furthermore, I exchanged the odf: namespace to
xmlns:odf="http://docs.oasis-open.org/opendocument/meta/package#";
and suggest not to add a new namespace for m:, but reuse the existing
meta: namespace for our four content attributes instead, see [3] for
details.

Have a nice week-end,
Svante

[1] IRC log between Wed:17:39:33 to Wed:18:05:11
[2] http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/Primer
[3]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-metadata/200704/msg00032.html

manifest_earlier.rdf