Subject: Re: [office-metadata] meta-field and more...

On 5/10/07, Elias Torres <eliast@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Right.  Basically, I want us to be very vague about it and leave it up to
> applications to define their specs for interoperability (e.g. plugins in
> KOffice and OOo).

I'm assuming you actually intended that statement to address
application-specific interoperability specifications only in the
present context. We do have interoperability issues resulting from
application-specific solutions we probably won't get to with ODF 1.2,
e.g., scripts embedded in ODF documents using many scripting
languages. And I wouldn't agree that as a general matter
interoperability issues should be resolved only at the application
level. We've got way too many implementing applications to approach
interoperability concerns as only an issue between two applications.
This is 2007, not 1995. See e.g.,
<http://opendocumentfellowship.org/applications>.

Best regards,

Marbux