Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Suggested Changes on the Metadata proposal

On 6/29/07, marbux <marbux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do we need to preserve Application A's unique flavor of RDF in order for the
> data to survive a trip through many applications before returning? If so,
> then we should be concerned about specifying "some particular RDF format"
> and the preservation of such metadata.

Not at all.  Sticking to the W3C standard is quite enough. As I said
in another note, changing the language to preserving RDF "statements"
(and/or "graphs") would be the preferred way to do this.

> > The key is understanding the technical aspects of what is being proposed
> > and not simply assuming that every change is a change for the worse.
>
> I am not making assumptions. I am dealing with what I understand to be
> factual. If I get it wrong, I get it wrong. But I am not dealing with
> assumptions.

That's hardly the case. You are assuming to understand all of the
technical details here (which you do not), that you can predict the
outcome of every single technical or editorial suggestion people from
Sun are making (you cannot), and that you know the intentions of the
participants (impossible).