OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OASIS Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 24-Mar-03

FEBRUARY, THE 24TH, 2003, 4PM GMT - 5:10PM GMT

Doug Alberg <doug.alberg@boeing.com>, Boeing
Phil Boutros <pboutros@stellent.com>, Stellent
Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Patrick Durusau <pdurusau@emory.edu>, Society of Biblical Literature
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
David Faure <faure@kde.org>
Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>, Arbortext
Jason Harrop <jharrop@speedlegal.com>, SpeedLegal
Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
Daniel Vogelheim <daniel.vogelheim@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes of the March, the 17th meeting
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items
- Editors: suggest Relax-NG schema changes according to the meeting
    - in progress
- Paul Langille: post example for back tabulator
    - in progress
- Michael Brauer: post explanation of foot- and endnote differences.
    - done, see
- Daniel Vogelheim: post explanation of rubies.
    - done, see

Discussion of Work Package 3.3.1 Basics (of inside a paragraphs)
The TC members unanimously agreed to the existing specification of the 
"text:span", "text:a", "text:s", "text:tab" (formerly "text:tab-stop") 
and "text:line-break", that is the OpenOffice.org specification, with 
the exception of "text:tab-stop", that will be renamed to "text:tab" and 
gets an option attribute indicating the tab stop position that is 
actually referenced.

The TC's decision expressly does not include a decision whether similar 
elements, like one for a back-tabulator", are required.

Discussion of Work Package 3.3.2 Footnotes and Endnotes
The TC discussed to replace the concepts of footnotes and endnotes with 
a more general concept of notes that might be displayed at various 
location, maybe also including side notes. Phil Boutros will make a 
proposal for this. A decision has been postponed until the next meeting.

Discussion of Work Package 3.3.3 Rubies
The TC members unanimously agreed to the existing specification of rubies.

Discussion of Work Package 3.3.4 Fields
The TC members have started a discussion. It will be continued in the 
next meeting. Because this topic is a rather large one, TC members are 
asked to send issues they see to the TC's list.

New Action Items
Phil Boutros: Send proposal for a general note concept to the TC's list.

Michael Brauer

OASIS Open Office XML format TC chair

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]