OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 07-Apr-03

APRIL, THE 7TH, 2003, 3PM GMT - 4:10PM GMT

Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Simon Davis <simond@naa.gov.au>, National Archive of Australia
David Faure <faure@kde.org>
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>, Arbortext
Jason Harrop <jharrop@speedlegal.com>, SpeedLegal
Paul Langille <paul.langille@corel.com>, Corel
Tom Magliery <Tom.Magliery@corel.com>, Corel
Daniel Vogelheim <daniel.vogelheim@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes of the March, the 31th meeting
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items

Con call starting times
There were no objections against the new con call starting times (3pm 
GMT and 7pm GMT). Therefor, the con calls start at these times from now on.

Voting about lists
An e-mail voting about lists will start after the con call.

Discussion of Work Package 3.3.4 Fields
The TC discussed whether the condition attributes are existing in the 
specification for hiding or displaying content should be replaced by a 
general condition concept where conditions are allowed at arbitrary 
elements and get a namespace prefix, so that the conditions themselves 
are extendable. The TC unanimously agreed to move this discussion into 
the second phase of the TC, but to add a namespace prefix to the 
conditions, so that additional condition schemes might be used in the 

The TC also discussed the "hidden-paragraph" field that is considered to 
be very implementation specific. However, the TC agreed to keep this 
field as it is, because a replacement of this field might be specified 
in the second phase of the TC as well together with a more general 
condition concept.

The TC discussed the "filename" field. It clarified that it operates on 
URIs rather than system specific paths. The TC agreed that the field 
should not be evaluated if for instance a pathname or extension should 
be displayed, but is not supported by the URI schema. The  TC agreed to 
include this clarification in the specification.

New Action Items

Michael Brauer

OASIS Open Office XML format TC chair

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]