OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 05-May-03

MAY, THE 5TH, 2003, 3PM GMT - 4:00PM GMT

Doug Alberg <doug.alberg@boeing.com>, Boeing
Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Simon Davis <simond@naa.gov.au>, National Archive of Australia
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
Jason Harrop <jharrop@speedlegal.com>, SpeedLegal
Paul Langille <paul.langille@corel.com>, Corel
Daniel Vogelheim <daniel.vogelheim@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes of the April, the 28th meeting
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items
- Daniel Vogelheim: Clarify whether the various index mark elements 
could be combined into one.
   - done, see
- Phil Boutros: create proposal for unifying change tracking in text and 
table documents
   - in progress
- David Faure: create proposal for text boxes that are continued on the 
following page
   - done, see
- Michael Brauer: clarify whether the master page concept can be used 
within text documents.
   - done: master pages can be used within text documents

Discussion of Work Package 6 Graphical Content
The TC discussed whether graphical content could be represented using 
SVG directly rather than in an own schema that is close to SVG but still 
requires complex transformations to SVG if SVG is required. The benefit 
of using SVG would be that SVG viewers might display graphical documents 
directly. However, some TC members think that SVG as a vector graphics 
format is not sufficient to represent the high level concepts used in 
office applications, like the style concept or the rich text contained 
within shapes.

The TC decided to continue the discussion on the TC's mailing list, 
because it requires an in-depth look at the elements and attributes of 
the graphical content schema to check whether they are already SVG, and 
if not, to check whether they could be replaced with SVG without a 
negative impact on the office application focus of the Open Office XML 
schema. Paul Langille will prepare this discussion.

The TC also agreed to consider to get in contact with the SVG working 
group to discuss issues that arise when using SVG in an office format 

New Action Items
- Paul Langille: Prepare discussion about using SVG for graphical content.

Michael Brauer

OASIS Open Office XML format TC chair

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]