Subject: Re: [office] Fwd: RE: oodraw

Hi David, all,

David Faure wrote:

[...]

> Subject: RE: oodraw
> Date: Sunday 04 May 2003 21:41
> From: "rwlbuis@xs4all.nl" <rwlbuis@xs4all.nl>
> To: dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se, buis@kde.org

[...]

> Now, about the gripes :
>
> - I think gradients could be made more adaptable. For instance allowing
> definitions
> of stops like in svg using the <stop> tag. Karbon has support for complex
> gradients with
> many stops as well. I have no complaints about chosen gradient types, these
> seem to be
> the most useful and common.

Enhancing the specification in a SVG like way seems to be very
reasonable, since the OOo Draw developers are not lucky with the current
(and limitted) specification, too.

> - I am not sure whether <layer> tag explictly has attributes to set state
> to locked/unlocked,
> visible/invisible? Karbon format offers this.

Both things currently are features of the OOo view settings, rather than
of the layers themselves, but adding such attributes for layers seems to
be useful as well.

> - it would be desirable for the format to allow stacking of multiple
> strokes per shape.
> Illustrator can do this and karbon has code in the making for this.

What do you mean by 'multiple strokes per shape'?

> - not sure if its included, but a way to define clip groups/regions would
> be desirable as well.

It's not included so far, but I do not see any reason why we shouldn't
add it.