Subject: Re: [office] Fwd: RE: oodraw

On Friday 09 May 2003 17:05, Michael Brauer wrote:
> > Now, about the gripes :
> >
> > - I think gradients could be made more adaptable. For instance allowing
> > definitions
> > of stops like in svg using the <stop> tag. Karbon has support for complex
> > gradients with
> > many stops as well. I have no complaints about chosen gradient types, these
> > seem to be
> > the most useful and common.
>
> Enhancing the specification in a SVG like way seems to be very
> reasonable, since the OOo Draw developers are not lucky with the current
> (and limitted) specification, too.
>
> > - I am not sure whether <layer> tag explictly has attributes to set state
> > to locked/unlocked,
> > visible/invisible? Karbon format offers this.
>
> Both things currently are features of the OOo view settings, rather than
> of the layers themselves, but adding such attributes for layers seems to
> be useful as well.
>
> > - it would be desirable for the format to allow stacking of multiple
> > strokes per shape.
> > Illustrator can do this and karbon has code in the making for this.
>
> What do you mean by 'multiple strokes per shape'?

To clear this up, have a look at the picture in this review :

http://www.creativepro.com/story/review/7217.html

 Its the 'M' glyph picture.
 As you can see, very powerful and nice effects can be created
using this. IMHO multiple strokes are a bit more sensible than multiple
fills, but both have their uses...

> > - not sure if its included, but a way to define clip groups/regions would
> > be desirable as well.
>
> It's not included so far, but I do not see any reason why we shouldn't
> add it.

Great.

Should we come up with precise suggestions for the 3 things you agree with,
or will you take care of it?

(What about my suggested flag for text boxes - my proposal didn't get any feedback,
does that mean it's accepted? :)

- --
David FAURE, faure@kde.org, sponsored by TrollTech to work on KDE,
How to write a Makefile.am for KDE/Qt code:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/makefile_am_howto.html