Subject: Re: [office] Style properties questions/requests

Hi Paul,

Paul Grosso wrote:
> At 17:33 2003 08 15 +0200, David Faure wrote:
>
>>On Friday 15 August 2003 15:30, Michael Brauer wrote:
>>
>>>Hi David,

> If we are going to redesign this, we might want to look at XSL and
> CSS properties and try to match them where feasible.
>
> For example, see http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#text-decoration
> and http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/text.html#propdef-text-decoration

The CSS2 text-decoration is not usable with office suite style
inheritance, because it does not support switching underlining off
without switching crossing-out and blinking off simultaneously. This has
been fixed in XSL-FO, but XSL-FO does not support different styles for
underlining and crossing-out.

> There is also http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/#text-decoration-overview
> which is more involved (which may be good or bad, depending on how you
> look at it).

The CSS3 specification seems to be a good basis for us. Only a set of
line styles are missing.