OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 01 Dec 2003

DECEMBER, 1ST, 2003, 4PM GMT – 4:50PM GMT

Doug Alberg <doug.alberg@boeing.com>, Boeing
Simon Davis <simond@naa.gov.au>, National Archive of Australia
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
David Faure <faure@kde.org>
Tom Magliery <Tom.Magliery@corel.com>, Corel
Daniel Vogelheim <daniel.vogelheim@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes of the November, the 24th meeting
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items
- (Phil Boutros: create proposal for unifying change tracking in text
and table documents)
- in progress
- Daniel Vogelheim, (Paul Langille): proposal for business charts
- done; see several proposals on the list
- Michael Brauer: proposal for cursor position
- in progress
- David Faure: proposal for enhanced legend positioning
- done; see http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200311/msg00020.html

Discussion of Work Package 7 Business Charts

The TC discussed the proposal for shadows on chart elements:
The TC decided to clarify that this would apply to the chart legend
and the chart area itself. The TC unanimously accepted the thus
clarified proposal.
The TC also discussed KChart's shadow attributes, which determine
shadow appearance on individual bar in a bar chart. No proposal
was derived from this, as it appeared to concern a different matter.

The TC discussed the proposal for a minor tick divisor:
The proposal was accepted unanimously.

The TC discussed the proposal for chart footers:
The idea of adding a footer was generally agreed upon. However,
it was unclear which placement options are available for footers.
(Or headers; as the proposal was to make footers the same as
headers.) To clarify this, in particular to determine how the
placement options would align with the new placement options
for legends (see below), the issue was postponed to next week;
no vote took place on this issue.

The TC discussed the proposal for legend placement options:
The proposal was modified as follows:
There will be a position attributes with eight values for the four
sides and four corners. If a side value has been chosen, an
additional attribute allows for three alignment values.

The TC noted that there are additional chart feature not covered
by the current spec. An example would be the color of the axis
ticks, which is currently not configurable (i.e. the same as the
axis color), even though some applications (like KChart) support
this. The TC agreed to continue work on charts in phase 2, and
to put in some clarification of this into the specification.

No other suggestions for charts were being made.

Discussion of Open issues for phase 1 exit

The TC discussed Michael's 'phase 1 exit' document:

It was noted that a generator ID string is already part of the
current meta data, and we need clarification of what else is

The TC briefly discussed the 'core' feature sets. It was re-stated
that this should give a guide-line to implementers on what set of
features was expected to be supported for typical application
areas, such as viewer or editor programs.

The discussion will continued during future meetings.

New Action Items

Daniel Vogelheim

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]