Subject: Re: [office] Suggestion for bullet numbering

[very old discussion, but I'm hitting this problem now again :)]

On Monday 24 March 2003 16:08, Michael Brauer wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> adding the UNICODE character codes that are commonly used by office apps
> to the specification shouldn't be a problem.

Hello,
I played a bit with OO and I found the following unicode characters being used:

8226 - small disc (full circle)
9679 - large disc (full circle)
57356 - losange
57354 - square
10132 - arrow
10146 - two-colors right-pointing triangle
10007 - cross
10004 - checkmark

The strange thing about the last 6 is that although they appear fine under OO,
I can't seem to find them in "insert special characters", neither in OO nor in
any Qt-based application. The fontname saved by OO is "StarSymbol",
which I assume is "Standard Symbols L" ? Or is it an internal font in OO?
There is no "StarSymbol" in the font list, even inside OO!
Which trick am I missing here?
The decision to use unicode character + font name makes only sense if
the specified font contains the character, IMHO.