Subject: outline-level for heading styles : missing?

In an OO document, "Heading 3" is the style used for text:h of level 3,
but when simply reading the styles information from the document (not the text),
how does one find out that "Heading 3" is
1) a heading style
2) the heading style for level 3
?
Is this only incurred from the name?

<text:h text:style-name="Heading 3" text:level="3" >Heading</text:h>
is clear when parsing a given header. But I'm talking about the parsing of
the (user-visible) styles themselves, so none of the <text:h> information is available.

To ask the question otherwise, how does OO know that when the user selects
"Heading 3", this should create a <text:h> and not a <text:p>, given that nothing
in the definition "Heading 3" marks it as a heading?

My proposal: add a text:outline-level="3" attribute to <style:style> for heading styles,
and (as a comment) make it mandatory that this attribute is written out for heading styles.