Subject: Re: [office] Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 19-July-04

On Friday 23 July 2004 11:07, Michael Brauer wrote:
> Restart Numbering/Numbering Start Value
> ---------------------------------------
> Daniel Vogelheim clarified the restart-numbering and start-value
> attributes at
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200405/msg00024.html.
> The TC unanimously agreed to keep the start-value attribute unchanged,
> but to remove the restart-numbering attribute.

It appears to me that we forgot to remove restart-numbering from one place in the specification:
it's still there as part of the <text:h> attributes. But there again I don't see much point - specifying
text:start-value should be enough to mean "restart numbering at this value for this header".

A related question, but for paragraph styles: if a paragraph style uses start-value,
there it means "start at this value when first using this style", but not "restart numbering
at this value each time the style is used", right? This would make sense, but
we might have to clarify this in the document: start-value means a somewhat different
thing for styles and for individual paragraphs/headings.
(for styles it's really just a "start value", and for individual paragraphs/headings
it's "restart now, at this value").