Subject: Re: [office] Proposed TC Meeting Agenda Items

Robert, all,

that's excellent timing. Actually, I wanted to put the formation of a formula
sub committee on the agenda for Monday, as well as how we organize the TC
calls in the future.

Regarding the formula sub committee. I have already created a sub committee
charter proposal and will post this today in a separate mail. I will put this
topic on the agenda for our con call on Monday.

Regarding a meta data sub committee. I think that the spectrum of the meta
data topic turned out to be much broader than we originally thought. For that
reason, I think it might be reasonable to stop the the discussions of meta
data proposals for the moment, and to start a discussion what we want to
achieve in this area. Given the complexity of the topic I think it would best
to do so at a face to face meeting. I will come back to that topic later in
this mail.

Regarding the TC calls. I agree that we need a TC coordination call, not only
to better use our time, but also for quorum reasons. We cannot expect that
the accessibility (and maybe future formula sub committee) members join our
weekly TC call, so it will become difficult to reach a quorum once the
accessibility sub committee has started. My proposal is that we start with
having coordination calls once a  month, with the option to have additional
calls on demand.

I suggest that we use our Monday time slot for the coordination call, and
have a coordination call every first Monday in a month (unless this is a
public holiday, where we would move the coordination call to the 2nd Monday).

I would further suggest that we use the remaining Mondays for discussions of
those topics that are not covered by sub committees. Where I'm not sure is
whether we should found something like a "core" or "maintainance" sub
committee for this purpose, or whether it is sufficient to have TC calls that
simply don't count towards voter eligibility.

Regarding a face to face meeting: I think it is very reasonable to have a
face-to-face meeting in the near future where we discuss our goals for 2006
as Robert suggested. This meeting might also be a good opportunity to discuss
how we continue with the meta data topic.

I'm glad that I can offer to have this meeting take place at our Sun site in
Hamburg. I will propose some dates for a face-to-face meeting in the next
days and will put this topic on our agenda for Monday as well.

--
Michael Brauer                                Phone:  +49 40 23646 500
Technical Architect Software Engineering      Fax:    +49 40 23646 550