OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: [office] OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Minutes 2006-04-03

Yue Ma, IBM
Robert Weir, IBM
Patrick Durusau, Individual
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Eike Rathke, Sun Microsystems
Florian Reuter, Sun Microsystems
Bruce D'Arcus, OpenDocument Foundation
Daniel Carrera, OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, OpenDocument Foundation
David Wheeler, OpenDocument Foundation

Guests from ODF Adoption TC:
Don Harbison, IBM
Erwin Tenhumberg, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes from Last Call (2006-03-20)
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
coordination call

Action Items
Michael: track status of wiki setup
- done: wiki is running
Michael: link errata doc from TC page
- done: document is available at the TC' documents page, which is linked 
from the TC'S main page.
Michael: create issue tracking spreadsheet
- open

ODF Adoption TC
Don Harbison and Erwin Tenhumberg (co-chairs of the Adoption TC) 
introduced the ODF Adoption TC.

The ODF Adoption TC had its first meeting on March, the 28th. It will 
have a weekly con call on Tuesdays, 11am EDT.

The purpose of the ODF Adoption TC is to provide education on 
OpenDocument for the marketplace, ISVs, developers etc. The Adoption TC 
is marketing focused.

Don and Erwin asked members of the OpenDocument TC to forward requests 
for white papers, etc. that have not be addressed already to the 
Adoption TC. It was also suggested that the OpenDocument TC's mailing 
lists are searched for such requests. Another suggestion was to run a 
survey what open questions exist regarding OpenDocument.

OpenDocument conformance was identified as a topic that may require a 
participation of both TCs. Various option were discussed, for instance 
the definition of minimal feature sets, conformance test suites, a 
conformance logo and certification programs. It has been agreed that the 
ODF Adoption TC would provide the market/customer requirements
for a "conformance test suite", so that both TC's can work on the details.

It was further agreed that the two TCs reference the respectivly other 
TC from their web pages. TC members that are interested in observing the 
activities of the other TC may subscribe to the TC's mailing lists as 

SC Status
Accessibility (Rob)
The Accessibility SC had a face-to-face meeting at the CSUN. The CSUN 
event itself went well. A summary of the event is for instance at:


The Accessibility SC is working on a list of all open issues it wishes 
to present to the TC.

Formulas (David W.)
The Wiki is running now, but does not record who changed something. The 
work on the specification is in progress.

Metadata (Patrick)
First use cases are collected in the wiki. The SC's conference calls 
will take place every other week.

TC Discussion

Michael will post a roadmap proposal to the TC.

New Action Items
Michael: Post roadmap proposal

Next conference call
TC work call: 2006-04-10 5PM GMT – 6:00PM GMT

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]