Subject: Re: [office] Table support for OpenDocument Presentations

> I don't see enough in the XML example for (b) to understand how I
> would parse the ODF file to locate and then parse the embedded
> spreadsheet.  Florian - perhaps you could explain that better.

Sure. When you resolve the xlink:href="Link to OpenDocument spreadsheet
table"  link of the fragment below
<draw:frame>
 <draw:object xlink:href="Link to OpenDocument spreadsheet table"
xlink:type="simple" xlink:show="embed" xlink:actuate="onLoad" />
</draw:frame>

you'll get an OpenDocument spreadsheet document which contains the table
data:

<office:document office:version="1.0"
office:mimetype="application/x-vnd.oasis.openoffice.spreadsheet">
<office:body>
<office:spreadsheet>
</office:spreadsheet>
</office:body>

So in order to access the table information you need
a) to resolve the link and
b) parse the OpenDocument spreadsheed document.

Hope this is more clear.

Best regards,

Florian