Subject: Action required: Re: [office] Link to info-zip

The current proposal regarding the ZIP reference is:

In Section 17.2, the last paragraph remains as in ODF 1.0:

For more details about the Zip file format, see [ZIP].

In section 17.4, the first paragraph remains as in ODF 1.0 (except that
another control language is used):

If a MIME type for a document that makes use of packages is existing, then
the package should contain a stream called "mimetype". This stream should be
first stream of the package's zip file, it shall not be compressed, and it
shall not use an 'extra field' in its header (see [ZIP]).

The ZIP reference, which was

[ZIP] , .ZIP File Format Specification,
http://www.pkware.com/products/enterprise/white_papers/appnote.txt, PKWARE
Inc., 2004.

now reads

[ZIP]     Info-ZIP Application Note 970311,
ftp://ftp.uu.net/pub/archiving/zip/doc/appnote-970311-iz.zip, 1997

If you have concerns regarding this proposal, please let me know them until
tomorrow noon CET. Otherwise I will change the specification document as
proposed and will create a ballot for acceptance of the new spcification as
committee draft and for a public review of the draft on Wednesday.

--
Michael Brauer                                Phone:  +49 40 23646 500
Technical Architect Software Engineering      Fax:    +49 40 23646 550