OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: [office] OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Minutes 2006-06-26

Voting Members:

Robert Weir, IBM
Yue Ma, IBM
Patrick Durusau, Individual
James Mason, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34
David Faure, KDE
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Bruce D'Arcus, The OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, The OpenDocument Foundation
David Wheeler, The OpenDocument Foundation

John Barstow, Individual


Acceptance of Minutes from Previous Meeting
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
coordination call.

Action Items
Michael: prepare issue tracking
     - in progress
Michael: editing of 1.1 draft according to resolutions
     - done
Lars: post revised soft-page-break proposal
     - done

* Latest OpenDocument 1.1 Draft
(Lars) any comments from the group regarding the latest draft version of 
1.1 spec posted by Michael?
[no comments]

* Soft page breaks
(Lars) any comments regarding revised sof page breaks
(Lars) DASY is now explicitly mentioned as being an example
[no further comments]

* new proposals, collected in

missing namespace for name attribute in svg:font-face-name schema
RESOLUTION: add the namespace to the attributes declaration

paragraph-style in table cell templates
RESOLUTION: include this into 1.1

Update XSD references to XSD 2nd edition
RESOLUTION: include this into 1.1

Apostrophe character in cell references
the regular expression needs to be updated, and it needs to be 
specified, that the character is encoded by doubeling
RESOLUTION: include this into 1.1
ACTION: David W. (+Eike) propose schema and wording for apostrophe in 
cell addresses

* in section 3.1.18, change meta:ole-object-count to meta:object-count
RESOLUTION: include this into 1.1

* add an 'auto' value to text:page-number attribute in order to set the 
return to the default numbering in styles that are derived from styles 
that set text:page-number
RESOLUTION: include this into 1.1

* Further proposals
(Rob) the example for sub tables is misleading, see
(YueMa) the example is not incorrect, but it is confusing. The cell 
contents look like they are cell addresses, but they are not the right 
(Lars) we should change the example to use the real addresses as 
content, since obviously, that was intended
RESOLUTION: update example in 8.3.1 to real addresses in cell contents

(YueMa) I see a problem with the proposals for embedded tables in 
It is not possible to say in the presentation docuemnt which cell range 
is to be displayed
will send example by mail, discuss this next week
ACTION: YueMa - post example on problems with embedded tables in 

(Lars) we normally do coordination calls every two weeks, we did them 
weekly in the recent past because we had a lot of issues we needed fast 
decisions on. Right now, we could go back to the two weeks mode and have 
a work call next week, in order to focus more on the technical side of 
things that are still on our plate for 1.1. I.e. YueMa's table issue...
[no objection]
RESOLUTION: July 3rd call will be a work call (not counting towards 
voting eligibility)

New Action Items
ACTION: DavidW (+Eike) propose schema and wording for apostrophe in
ACTION: YueMa - post example on problems with embedded tables in

Next conference call
work call: 2006-07-03, 3:00PM-4:00PM UTC
coordination call: 2006-07-10, 3:00PM-4:00PM UTC

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]