Subject: Re: Request for Information]

Hi Mary.
I work with the Daisy Consortium (and the office accessibility SC).
I've developed a suite of transforms from ODF to daisy text files.
these have not had wide testing yet, but have had some exposure.
Ask and I'll forward it.

For Michael, I'd point out http://daisymfc.sourceforge.net/
which has been developed by Daisy members, which converts
Daisy text files into full daisy books using synthetic speech.

Mary, Michael. Could this transform be considered for
a 'save as' transform in ODF?
If so, what licence does it need please? Full GPL?

regards

> From: Mary McRae <marypmcrae@gmail.com>
> To: office@lists.oasis-open.org, odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org
> Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:35:54 -0400
> Subject: [office] Request for Information

> Sender: zacherle@szs.uni-karlsruhe.de
>
> Subject:  Question about MathML in ODF
>
> Dear Sirs,
>
> the Study Centre for Blind and Partially Sighted Students of the
> university of Karlsruhe is currently planning a european project in
> which we plan to convert ODF documents to full DAISY (www.daisy.org)
> books.
>
> Today, when looking into ODF documents from Staroffice and Open Office I
> stumbled upon the line "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE
> math:math PUBLIC "-//OpenOffice.org//DTD Modified W3C MathML 1.01//EN"
> "math.dtd">.
>
> Could you please tell me where the ODF 1.0 (or 1.1, if there will be
> something new) MathML implementation differs from the W3C one? According
> to http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_jones/comments/700494.aspx this may have
> to do with the ease of validation of MathML files written by StarMath
> 6.0.
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Yours sincerely
>
> Michael Zacherle
> --

> Dipl. Phys. Michael Zacherle zacherle@szs.uni-karlsruhe.de <mailto:zacherle@szs.uni-karlsruhe.de>
> Studienzentrum für Sehgeschädigte, Universität Karlsruhe (TH)
> Engesserstraße 4, 76128 Karlsruhe, Germany
> Tel.: (+49) 721/608-2760 Fax: (+49) 721/608-2020

Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
http://www.dpawson.co.uk