Subject: Re: [office] "deprecation"

On Nov 23, 2006, at 8:17 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
Hamburg wrote:

> If OpenDocument's text:sections cannot be  mapped to OOX, then the
> technical correct way to resolve this in my point of view would be to
> enhance OOX, but this is not within the scope of our TC's charter.

I don't have a position on the specific issues, but I agree this is an
awkward issue. For one thing, it's pretty clear that MS has not shown
much interest at all in discussing technical details with this
committee, or with making any substantive changes to the spec to ease
interop with ODF.

Notwithstanding any potential political problem, it would make good
sense to find some formal way to resolve interoperability issues
between OOXML and ODF going forward. Would it be appropriate for
someone to look into that? E.g. representatives from both committees
bring a list of their top five issues and see if there isn't ways to
resolve them sooner rather than later?

Bruce