OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocuemnt TC Coordination Call Minutes 2006-11-20

1. Roll call:
Yue Ma, IBM
Helen Yue, IBM
Patric Durusau
David Faure, KDE
Jody Goldberg, Novell
Florian Reueter, Novell
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Eike Rathke, Sun Microsystems
David A Wheeler, OpenDocument Foundation
Bruce D'Arcus, OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, OpenDocument Foundation

2. Acceptance of Minutes from Last Call
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
coordination call.

3. Action item review
- no pending action items

4. TC Schedule
Michael: we already discussed that we would like to start an hour 
earlier when we are not an daylight savings time as the time is not 
changed in China. Hence I move that we now resolve to do so...

- no objection

RESOLUTION: start calls an hour earlier when not on daylight savings time

5. ISO Submission
Michael: we requested the OASIS standard ballot for ODF 1.1 and we were 
now asked whether we intend to put 1.1 forward for ISO standartization 
as well. We had already discussed that we would like to get 1.2 through 
ISO but that we do not see the need to do so with 1.1

Patrick: this would not be any problem with the ISO process. We should 
indicate to them, that 1.2 is already in the pipeline and that it will 
include all the features of 1.1 just to keep them in the loop

6. ODF 1.2 Tasks
- Bullet list with constant strings and 'alternative glyphs' will be 
handled by DavidF and Lars will provide coordination with OpenOffice team
- Citation field: should this remain as it is now, or should it be 
adapted with regards to the work of the metadata SC? (Bruce)
- Numbered paragraphs: DavidF + Florian
Florian: posted my thoughts to the mailing list and have already been 
discussing with DavidF...
- Degrees/radients/gradients (DavidW)
DavidW: we should at least specify which units angle measurements are 
in. We should ideally harmonize all angle measurements to use the same units
- Settings interop: Michael + DavidF

Patrick: regarding "pp" in indexes, I am not sure whether that is just a 
bad example or a mistake in the specification
Lars: it could be a wrong translation of German ff which is used like 
45ff meaning "45 and following pages"
Bruce: ff is also used in English, although that is not very common. I 
know "pp" only as a prefix as in "pp. 45-50" to reference a page range
Lars: so its not currently clear whether this is locale specific or 
style-specific or both, right?
Michael: I will try to get some more information from the Writer team

7. SC Update
Formula (DavidW)
- still working on specification of function but done with the majority
- more hands to help with the remaining functions are welcome
- currently lots of discussions about concepts and meaning of empty cells

8. Next Meeting:
Work TC Call on Monday, November the 27th, at 7am PT (3pm GMT).

Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer                                         Nagelsweg 55
Phone: +49 40 23646 959                         20097 Hamburg, Germany
Fax:   +49 40 23646 550                  http://www.sun.com/staroffice

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]