Subject: Re: [office] ISO/IEC 26300

Rob,

Hmmm, can't say I have ever heard of a "cost free" standard out of ISO.

ISO has complained to Jim Mason about his posting final versions of SC
34 standards to his website. He does so on the basis that any activity
that the US Gov. participates in means the result is a royalty free
publication.

Since he is behind heavily guarded walls at a place that makes nuclear
weapons, ISO has not pressed the issue. ;-)

I can ask Jim about posting the final version to one of his webservers.
Would that work for you?

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Good news, and thanks to Patrick, Michael and Jamie for all of your
> hard work during this process.
>
> Is there anything additional we can do to make this specification cost
> free in ISO?  I've seen this done with other standards out of JTC1.
>  Do you know how this is triggered?
>
> -Rob
>
> Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> wrote on 12/01/2006 08:17:11 AM:
>
> > Michael,
> >
> > Well, a bit early but should put a smile on everyone's face for the
> > upcoming holiday season!
> >
> > Congratulations!
> >
> > Hope you are having a great day! (You have certainly made mine a
> great one!)
> >
> > Patrick
> >
> > Michael Brauer wrote:
> >
> > > All:
> > >
> > > the status of ISO/IEC 26300 is now 60.60.
> > >
> > > Best regards
> > >
> > > Michael

> OpenDocument
> International
> can be
> > >>
> http://www.iso.org/iso/en/CatalogueListPage.CatalogueList?&scopelist=ALL.

> results
> > StandardsQueryFormHandler?
> >
> scope=ALL&keyword=&isoNumber=26300&sortOrder=ISO&title=true&search_type=ISO&search_term=26300

> > --
> > Patrick Durusau
> > Patrick@Durusau.net
> > Chair, V1 - Text Processing: Office and Publishing Systems Interface
> > Co-Editor, ISO 13250, Topic Maps -- Reference Model
> > Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005
> >
> > Topic Maps: Human, not artificial, intelligence at work!

Patrick@Durusau.net
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005