Subject: OpenDocuemnt TC Work Call Minutes 2006-11-27

Rollcall

Helen Yue, IBM
Robert Weir, IBM
Patric Durusau
David Faure, KDE
Jody Goldberg, Novell
Michael Brauer. Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
David A Wheeler, OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, OpenDocument Foundation

Minutes from last call
OK

Action Items
- none -

Discussion
Only start discussion when there is a proposal, for other topics
identify a reposible person for a proposal
michael sent out two proposals
other proposals?

version attribute...
david pawson suggested to make it required
initial response was to make it only required in the description but
leave it optional in the schema. I am now conviced that we should make
it required and only allow the value to be 1.2
DavidW: but we should include text to suggest that 1.1 or 1.0 generators
should put that forth in the version attribute.
Michael, I will update the proposal

Michael: pp/ff...
locale specific?
what makes sense in other lcoales?
a formatting string might be good
should look at citations (Bruce) for that
Lars: stick with current schema and illustrate example correctly with ff
and state that other locales might use different mechanisms
Lars -> check in dockbook (or latex) see how it is handled there...

Rob: will we have 1.1 ballot in january
Michael: yes
... I will prepare formal submissopn request for review by the TC in
next days
Rob: and what about the ISO publichation status
Michael: its indicated as 60.00, next will be 60.60 which is a published
  specification - we will also adept file names, so there seem sto .....

ACTION ITEMS:
Lars: check whether docbook has index formatting capabilities

--
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer                                         Nagelsweg 55