OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocuemnt TC Coordination Call Minutes 2006-12-04

Roll Call

Ma Yue, IBM
Helen Yue, IBM
Patric Durusau
Florian Reueter, Novell
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Eike Rathke, Sun Microsystems
Oliver Wittmann, Sun Microsystems
Bruce D'Arcus, OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, OpenDocument Foundation

Minutes from last coordination call
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
coordination call.

Action items
none from loast coordination call


ISO update
22300 is now in 60.60 and available in ISO store

OpenDocuemnt 1.1 OASIS
Michael: currently preparing docuemnt
- we need certification that the document schema is valid
- I sent a draft to the email list
- please give feedback
- any disagreements to the current suggestion?
no objection
RESOLUTION: include the following language into OASIS standard 
submission: "The contained schemas and have been extensively tested, and 
the specification document itself was validated against the contained 
schema. Sample instance fragments and expressions were reviewed."

Michael: regarding submission timing I await another certification in
the next days. I f I don't get that by Wednesday, I will send a preview
request for standard ballot to Mary so she can review it while we wait
for the additional certification

OpenDocuemnt 1.2 proposals...
Michael: we already discussed version attribute in the work call, and I
send out an updated proposal, making version attribute mandatory, only
allowing the value 1.2.
- Older specification can either specify version="1.1" or "1.0" or omit
the version attribute. Dave Pawson suggested an extension to the
language which I found reasonable.
- Any objection to using this with the proposed update from Dave?
- no objection
RESOLUTION: Only allow version="1.2" for ODF 1.2 documents, allow other 
values as hint from older applications.

Language Tags
Eike: issue is about current language tags only define language and
country. RFC 3066 ISO 639 1,2 ISO 3166... We have languages that want to
use our office suite that are not encopassed by these standards RFC 
allows for much more languages
- We encountered an obstacle with having different script types in the
same language.
I propose to develop a language tag mechanism, that enables us to refer
any language that RFC4646 might come up with.
Lars. can we just use the string format described in the RFC?
Eike: Michael proposed to keep country and language attributes, however,
the problem with that proposal seems to be, that this binds us to all
the country codes of currently specified, but not any upcoming languages 
that will be registered with IANA
Michael: for backwards compatibility, we should keep the fo:country and
fo:langugae attributes.
Lars: can we than specify a these attributes to reflect the values of
the respective fields from the RFC4646 string?
Michael: would it be more appropriate to reference ISO or RFC
Patrick: it would be better to follow ISO, we should look into
why there is this divergence between RFC/IANA and ISO
... if we have an available ISO standard, do we want to cite a work that
does not have the same status like an ISO standard
Patrick: we could refer to ISO 639 and give kind of an escape hatch to
fall back to RFC language code in the specification language
Michael: refer to specific ISO standard, later versions of our standard
might than refer to later ISO version

Hashed passwords
Michael: I propose to at least add to the specification, that the hashes
are created with SHA-1
This is only for #write protected' paragraphs
Lars: this does not have a security impact, I suggest we just write that
this is SHA-1
Patrick: SHA1 is deprecated and although it is not really a security
feature, mandating an deprecated hash function might lead to
uncomfortable discussions
Michael: than I would propose to use the algorithm attribute from the
xml sig specification
Patrick: that would also work for me
Michael: than I will create a proposal for that
Michael: and I will do the same for encrypted document, which in fact is
a security related feature...

List Styles:
Michael: my understanding is that florian and oliver are more or less in
agreement from what've seen on the mailing list
Florian: which conversation/discussions are you referring to
Michael: There was a discussion on the list between you and DavidF and
Florian: DavidF didn't comment to that right?
Michael: no, so it would be fair to explicitly ask David of his opinion
on this...
Florian: I must admit that I am still only beginning to understand some
of the complexities involved with lists, so I wouldn't want to discuss
the details now,..

Next Meeting:
Work TC Call on Monday, November the 11th, at 7am PT (3pm GMT).

Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer                                         Nagelsweg 55
Phone: +49 40 23646 959                         20097 Hamburg, Germany
Fax:   +49 40 23646 550                  http://www.sun.com/staroffice

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]