Subject: Re: [office] data templating (and citations)

On Feb 1, 2007, at 8:50 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
Hamburg wrote:

>> There is a commented schema that I'd call a 1.0 draft (so subject
>> to minor changes), which can form the basis of a spec, but I've
>> not yet done the formal written spec.
>
> When will the formal spec be ready? I think it is obvious that the
> TC can only consider to use/include CSL in ODF if there is a formal
> spec in the style of the ODF specification itself that the TC can
> review. Do you think this formal spec is something that you can
> prepare in the ODF 1.2 timeline, or more within the timeline of a
> later version.

I'm not sure; I might be able to do it in time if I can find some help.

>>> And is it going to be standardized?
>> I'm certainly open to that.
>> As you might guess, it'd take a little time for this to happen.
>
> Sure. So an option we have is to switch to CSL when it has been
> standardized, and to stay with current solution until when, maybe
> adding the one or two mostly wanted features to it.

OK, will look into both options.

> Do you have any idea where you would like to standardize CSL?

OASIS would probably be sensible. I just am not sure I have the time
to deal with it these days. But as I said above, I'll look into it
some more.

Thanks,
Bruce