Subject: OpenDocument TC work-call minutes 2007-02-05

* Rollcall

Helen Yue, IBM
David Faure, KDE
Jody Goldberg, Novell
Florian Reueter, Novell
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Eike Radtke, Sun Microsystems
Gary Edwards, The OpenDocument Foundation

* Minutes from last work-call
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
work-call.

* Action items
Michael: errata 1.1 doc, ongoing

* Reports/news
Michael: 1.1 vote succeeded. announcement is under preparation
updated documents are in progress (new cover-pages etc.)

* Proposals
Michael: Numbered paragraphs, no progress on the mailing list. Oliver
not here today, postpone discussion.

* RFC 4646 language tags
Michael: proposal from Eike. Any questions?
We should ask Patrick because of the IETF/ISO references
Lars: how is the relationship of IETF/ISO in this one?
Eike: if a language can be expressed with the ISO tags we use them,
otherwise we fall back to the IETF mechanism that is backed by a repository

* Natural Sort
Michael: Rob pointed out that the algorithm is underspecified and I
posted an update. There was a question whether this should work on
floating point numbers or just on integers.
OOo Calc developers need sorting for doubles but integers would also be
desirable.
DavidF. I agree, lets have both.
Michael: I will revise the proposal.

* Text Grid
Michael: Florian, any updates?
Florian: OK for us to put it into page styles. In addition it is also
valid to have it in sections. So we would like to propose the style
attributes for sections as well as page styles.
Michael: Then you will need to specify how section and page settings
relate to each other
Lars: wouldn't the section normally override the page style
Michael: no, take columns, a section would flow into a column specified
on the page level
Florian: exactly. that is why we are still trying to figure out how this
should behave
Florian: will send proposal update. New page style element and than
continue to define this for sections.

* Bookmarks reference fields (new formats)
Florian: have not yet seen the sample that Oliver wanted to send
Michael: I linked it in the Wiki
Lars: there is a mail from oliver dated 31st Jan.
Florian: got it now

* Lists
Florian: think we should have clarification explaining current
numbering. The specification is based on the HTML lists and my special
case isn't covered by that.
Florian: would like to expand ODF spec in order to cover those cases.
Michael: will team up with Oliver and try to distill something out of
the mails
Michael: actually I was referring to the space/tab proposal
Florian: do you have any feedback on what I sent
Michael: not clear what happens if list style contains additional
attributes that are nor meaningful for lists because than we have
conflicting attributes
Florian: (explains style collection mechanism)
Michael: could the list override change the background color of a paragraph?
Florian: yes. Ir can be done in the XML file
... further to that, you can either refer to a paragraph or add 'hard'
attributes

* Citation field / Bibliographic indexes
Michael: quite an old proposal that Bruce wants to revise. But nothing
there as of yet

* Row/Column references
Michael: any more comments on that
no objections

* Chart: sort x-axis values
no questions

* Chart: empty cell handling
David: I forwarded both chart proposals and await comments...

* Other topics
none

--
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer                                         Nagelsweg 55