Subject: Re: [office] Grid enhancement

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-css3-text-20030514/#document-grid

~Florian

>>> Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM> 02/12/07 1:40 PM >>>
Hi Florian,

Florian Reuter wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback regarding the grid enhancement proposal.
>
> The main question was “why do you use a compatibility option instead of a page style attribute?”

Where we a few other questions, but the main concern in fact was that a
compatibility option may be wrong place to describe a
application-independent layout property, regardless whether it applies
to the full document, or only a page style.

> The reason is that the objective is to disable the square grid layout mode for the whole document and not only for a certain page style.
>
> We propose to use a “either/or” mechanism instead of a “mixed” way, since that can cause problems in interoperability with OfficeOpenXML and CSS3.0.

Can you please provide a link to the CSS3 specification you are
referring to. Thanks.