Subject: Re: [office] Grid enhancement

Hi Florian,

thanks for providing the link. While it contains some useful information
regarding text grids, I could not find information whether the grid
layout mode should be a document wide property, or a page style
property. Can you point me to the text you are referring to, or explain
why you think a document setting is more compatible with this CSS3 spec
than a page style setting would be?

Thanks

Michael

BTW: The CSS3 Text Module was a Candidate Recommendation in 2003, but
has been withdrawn in 2004. A rewrite is still in progress.
Unfortunately, the specification that would nowadays include the grid
specification (text layout) is not available publicly.

Florian Reuter wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-css3-text-20030514/#document-grid
>
> ~Florian

> Hi Florian,
>
> Florian Reuter wrote:
>> Thanks for the feedback regarding the grid enhancement proposal.
>>
>> The main question was “why do you use a compatibility option instead of a page style attribute?”
>
> Where we a few other questions, but the main concern in fact was that a
> compatibility option may be wrong place to describe a
> application-independent layout property, regardless whether it applies
> to the full document, or only a page style.
>
>> The reason is that the objective is to disable the square grid layout mode for the whole document and not only for a certain page style.
>>
>> We propose to use a “either/or” mechanism instead of a “mixed” way, since that can cause problems in interoperability with OfficeOpenXML and CSS3.0.
>
> Can you please provide a link to the CSS3 specification you are
> referring to. Thanks.
>
> Michael

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS