Subject: Re: [office] proposal for new position and space attributes for the list level

On Wednesday 14 February 2007 14:04, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software
engineer - Sun Microsystems Inc wrote:
> > Thanks for your long email and explanation.
> > I'm unconvinced of the benefits, and I think the MS compatibility is a
> > red herring for lists based on the simple premise that these extentions
> > create a far to complex solution that no user actually will understand
> > and thus we won't end up with something better.
>
> In my opinion, the new attributes are as complex as the existing ones.
> I think the new attributes have the advantage, that the user doesn't
> have to take care about the paragraph indent attributes, when the user
> maps his/her imagination of position and space of the list label and
> the list item to the provided attributes of OpenDocument.

That's one way of looking at it :)
Having 2 ways of altering the indent (the paragraph and the list ones),
typically in one style-dialog is another. I feel that having 2 (visually)
similar properties that interact seem like a bad idea. And on top of that I'm
unconvinced of the actual user need for these properties.

--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature