Subject: Re: [office] Unicode relative spaces -- Was, proposal for new position and space attributes for the list level

On 2/22/07, Michael Brauer <Michael.Brauer@sun.com> wrote:
> Do you have any hints that the current list proposal would conflict with
> adding em-based measures? Or do you would only like to see that the
> editors of the proposal check that?

My concern with lists is the horizontal alignment of numbers/bullets
and text (but not the margins). Those seem like candidates for
expressing widths in ems. E.g., set the <text:space-before> and
<text:space-after> tabs on the left for each in relative em
measurement distances rather than absolute or margin percentage
measurements.

But I am a latecomer in the conversation on lists and don't have to
implement it, so I am very sensitive to the fact that I'm offering a
suggestion in an area where I lack a good understanding of the
practical difficulties, particularly with round-tripping of ODF with
the Microsoft formats.

Similarly, I suspect indented paragraphs -- as in a quotation -- and
paragraphs with hanging indentation are other candidates for similar
treatment.

Best regards,

Marbux