Subject: Re: [office] Unicode relative spaces -- Was, proposal for new position and space attributes for the list level

On Friday 23 February 2007 23:32, marbux wrote:
> > I can see how em-based horizontal measurements can be useful in text
> > documents. However, just calling to allow them wherever cm, in, pt etc.
> > are allowed is not feasible. From reading your clarifications I can see
> > that you don't want to do this.
>
> You have me figured out. :-)  I'm after accessibility and
> compatibility with other standards like CSS and XSL:FO, not a side
> trip to 16th Century technology. Em-based measurements should only be
> implemented where they make sense.

If you find specific cases where that is the case, let us know :)

Specifically, if I alter the config of a list-style I type a space in the
postfix often, I can imagine a user wanting to type an em-space there.  But
my guess is that most users will just be too lazy and type two spaces instead
which tends to get just about the same effect.

--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature