Subject: Re: [office] renewed proposal for new position and space attributesfor the list level

Hi Florian,

Florian Reuter wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> thanks for a "readable" Version of the proposal.
>
> I have the following questions:
>
> a) text:list-tab-stop-position. I think the tab-stop should always be inserted if listtab is given. I don't understand
> the need for the exception rules.
It's already said, that text:list-tab-stop-position belongs to
text:label-followed-by="listtab".

Which exception rules do you mean?
I clearly state, that text:list-tab-stop-position is only of relevance,
when text:label-followed-by="listtab" is hold. There are no exceptions.

Do you mean that the two cases, when the list tab stop isn't applied,
are exception rules?
If yes, I can say, that these cases aren't exception rules.

> b) I don't understand the need for text:label-aligned-at. Especially I don't understand the reference to
> "text:minimum-label-width".
The need of text:label-aligned-at is, that the list item layout should
be specified without considering the paragraph indent attributes.
I think it's better to have *one* attribute set to specify the layout of
list items than to have *two* attribute sets.

The reference to text:minimum-label-width is only redundant information.
That the value of text:minimum-label-width is treated as 0 is already
stated at new attribute text:list-level-position-and-space-mode.

> But I guess I understand the problem you're trying to solve.
> Let me suggest a different solution:
> - Remove the text:label-aligned-at and add a text:label-alignment = left | center | right
> - Specify that the number label is aligned left, centered or right wrt. to the first line indent.

I disagree, because
- as stated above, it should be possible to specify the list item layout
  without considering the paragraph indent attributes.
- there exist already attribute fo:align-at, which hold the values
"left", "center" and "right". Thus, there is no need to introduce
another attribute like text:label-alignment.

Regards, Oliver.