Subject: OpenDocument TC coordination call minutes 2007-02-26

* Rollcall
Uri Resnitzky, ARX
Yue Ma, IBM
Robert Weir, IBM
David Faure, KDE
Florian Reueter, Novell
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Eike Radtke, Sun Microsystems
David A. Wheeler, OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, OpenDocument Foundation
Sam Heiser, OpenDocument Foundation

* Minutes
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
coordination-call.

* Action item review
none

Michael: additional proposals
- em measurements
- visual signatures

Michael: great that we receive proposals from other sources
... we need to align those with schedule
... in Oct. 2006 when we planned 1.2 we set a scope for ODF 1.2:
- don't break compatibility with older version
- TC member takes responsibility for advancing proposal to spec ready form
- indication of implementation by TC members
implementation is important both for OASIS rules and for standing of
specification
Uri: what is the time frame for 1.2 in order to implement them in actual
product
Michael: CD in April public review Sept OASIS standard ballot
Lars: implementation may of course continue after the Apiri deadline.
It's just important that the implementation is actually perused.

Uri: comment about visual sig, I see no problem for ? to add an
implementation of this proposal for openoffice.org. I will work on a
more formal proposal and the implementation in openoffice.org if there
is the possibility to include this for 1.2...

Rob: what about implementors that are not member of the TC
Michael: we need certifications of successful usage at least from OASIS
members. So as long as they are OASIS members they may certify their use
of the specification.

Michael: I also know of policy changes at OASIS where the certification
for successful use need to be included as a part of the submission for
membership voting.
Rob: getting more certifications is a good metric for the TCs success
Lars: this should be a good topic for joint meeting at symposium

Michael: given the time-frame we set, we must try to get the proposals
into the TC during the next weeks, so that we can actually review the
integrated versions as they will appear in the specification.
.. in any case we should keep a list of things that couldn't get into
1.2 so we can address those for the next version.

(discussion  on implementations and certifications...)
- certs can only come from organizational members
(Uri, implementation, complementary to our products)

* Proposals
* Numbered Pragraphs/Lists
Michael: numbered paragraphs and list extensions have reached a consensus...
Florian: I haven't yet had a chance to look at the latest proposal and I
am not sure whether I have the latest proposal
Michael: the latest one is in the Wiki
Florian: I need to re-read this - so I am not ready to vote on that
today. This version is somewhat different from.
Michael: we must set it on the agenda for the next coordination call, so
anybody interested should review that proposal.

* new position and space attributes
Florian: I feel unsure about this without hearing Oliver's opinion on this.
Michael: move it to next coordination call then

* Text Grids
Michael: I think the last open questions here can probably be resolved
during editing
Florian: I agree, only editorial issues remain and I will help to
resolve those when the proposal is integrated
Michael: any objections
- none
RESOLVED:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00149.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00052.html

* draw aspect
RESOLVED
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00048.html

* Proposals for charts: percentage-data-style-name,
data-label-number,label-separator,
RESOLVED:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00078.html

* Proposals for charts: reverse-direction, group-bars-per-axis,
RESOLVED:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00079.html

* Proposal for charts: Regression Curve Equation
RESOLVED:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00080.html

* Proposal for charts: new chart types
DavidF: these should include pictures for illustrating the chart type
Lars: we should ad those when integrating them in the spec
Michael: we have illustration for other chart types too, so we should
definitely have them for the new types
RESOLVED:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00081.html

[call ends.]

--
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer                                         Nagelsweg 55