Subject: Re: [office] Critical problem

First, we are talking about ODF1.2 assuming the proposal for
text:style-override and text:list-id have been accepted.

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 12:42, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 March 2007, Florian Reuter wrote:
> > Can you guys please provide me with an answer soon. I really have no idea
> > how to represent this in a text:list according to your understanding.
>
> Personally I don't have enough experience with <list> to be able to answer
> that. You do, so you probably know the answer: if you know for sure that
> there is no way to model this with <list>, then please say so, and I will
> simply conclude that:
> * OK, we have two different ways to model lists in OpenDocument
> * the numbered-paragraph way is more flexible - and this is why we need it.
> (And personally I could do with that way only, i.e. without <list>).

What he said </aol>

> But maybe I'm jumping the gun here and there is indeed a way to model your
> example with <list>.

I think it is;
from the proposal:
On Wednesday 21 February 2007 11:46, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> The ODF specification 1.1 - see chapter 4.3.1 about list blocks - states
> that only the counter domain of the direct preceding list can be
> continued using attribute text:continue-numbering. It's proposed to
> extend this statement to any preceding list.

Which makes it possible.

As a direct answer to Florian;
the example XML indeed translates into the output as you wrote it.  Which
means you understand the ideas behind it. So half the work is done, you
understand the mapping from concepts to numbered-paragraph.
I'm sure you will be able to map it to text:list as their concepts have
changed little since 1.0
--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature