Subject: Re: [office] style:list-style-name and list-id

Hi Michael,

> That's why we have decided to use the HTML structure approach here.

Can you answer my "critical question".
Or a little bit simpler. How would the following fragment
<text:numbered-paragraph text:list-id="id1" style:name="L1"><text:p>H1</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:p>Text</text:p>
<text:numbered-paragraph text:list-id="id1" style:name="L1"><text:p>H2</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:p>Text</text:p>
<text:numbered-paragraph text:list-id="id2" style:name="L1"><text:p>NP1</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:numbered-paragraph text:list-id="id2" style:name="L1"><text:p>NP2</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:numbered-paragraph text:list-id="id2" style:name="L1"><text:p>NP3</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:numbered-paragraph text:list-id="id2" style:name="L1"><text:p>NP4</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:p>Text</text:p>
<text:numbered-paragraph text:list-id="id1" style:name="L1"><text:p>Appendix</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:p>Text</text:p>
be represented using the HTML-like text:list you are having in mind?

Thanks so much for your answer. Its really appreciated.

~Florian

>>> Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM> 03/13/07 12:59 PM >>>
Florian,

Florian Reuter wrote:
> Oh. I tought I did.
>
> But I'm happy to be more precice:
>
> * Michael stated the intend of ODF1.0 was to indeed have list-domains be
> separate from markup as we follow known standards, not always blindly follow
> the things that (previous) office suites do.
>
> <disagree>
> Michael looking in his crystal ball what ODF1.0 mean doesn't help.
> I disagree that Michael really said "...not always blindly follow the things that (previous) office suites do". Since
it
> is the charter of ODF to listen very carefully what office suite do :-)
> Summarize: We agreed to focus on 1.2. and not to try to find out what ODF1.0 does any longer.
> </disagree>

Our charter says (among other things) says:

"The purpose of this TC is to create an open, XML-based file format
specification for office applications.

The resulting file format must meet the following requirements:
# it should keep the document's content and layout information separate
such that they can be processed independently of each other, and
# it should 'borrow' from similar, existing standards wherever possible
and permitted."

So, because we develop a file format for office applications, we of
course have to take care of how office applications do things. But we
also have to take care of the other design goals that our charter
define. So, the current solution for lists, where the structure of lists
is the same as in HTML, and where the numbering is defined by the
structure and not by list style names (again as in HTML), fits very well
into these design goals, while using the list-style-name for numbering
does not, although it is what some office applications do. That's why we
have decided to use the HTML structure approach here.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer