Subject: Re: [office] Groups - Proposal to clarify ODF lists (07-04-05-proposal00064)uploaded

Florian,

Florian Reuter wrote:

>Hi Rob,
>
>good point!
>
>In fact I mean the "list style name".
>
>So I guess inserting "name" will make this clearer:
>
>"If the value of the attribute is true and the numbering style of the
>preceding list is different to the current list, the numbers of the
>nearest preceding list with the same list style <inserted>name</inserted> are continued as defined
>above."

Or perhaps (adding to Continue Numbering, last paragraph):

"If the value of the attribute is true and the numbering style of the
preceding list is different to the current list, the number of the first item in the current list is the number of the last item in the nearest preceding list with the same list style name incremented by one."

Yes?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

>~Florian

>Hi Florian,
>
>For continue-numbering in 4.3.1, you have:
>
>"If the value of the attribute is true and the numbering style of the
>preceding list is different to the current list, the numbers of the
>nearest preceding list with the same list style are continued as defined
>above."
>
>When you say "the same list style" do you mean that the style-name
>attribute is different?  Or are you suggesting that a deeper comparison is
>made as to the actual contents of the list style?  For example, if two
>list styles have different names, but identical definitions, are they,
>"the same list style"?
>
>-Rob
>
>___________________________
>
>Rob Weir
>Software Architect
>Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Software
>IBM Software Group
>
>email: robert_weir@us.ibm.com
>phone: 1-978-399-7122
>blog: http://www.robweir.com/blog/
>
>freuter@novell.com wrote on 04/05/2007 12:01:35 PM:
>

>>Dear TC members,
>>
>>I uploaded the Novell proposal to clarify ODF lists as discussed in the
>>last TC meeting.
>>
>>~Florian
>>

>> -- Florian Reuter
>>
>>The document named Proposal to clarify ODF lists
>>

>(07-04-05-proposal00064)
>

>>has been submitted by Florian Reuter to the OASIS Open Document Format
>>

>for
>

>>Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC document repository.
>>
>>Document Description:
>>Proposal to
>>a) clarify the semantic of ODF discontinuous lists
>>b) clarify the relationship between text:list and
>>

>text:numbered-paragraph
>

>>ODF list representations.
>>c) enhance ODF lists with style-override functionality.
>>
>>View Document Details:
>>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/document.php?
>>document_id=23420
>>
>>Download Document:
>>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.
>>php/23420/07-04-05-proposal00064
>>

>>PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
>>

>application
>

>>may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and
>>

>paste
>

>>the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.
>>
>>-OASIS Open Administration

Patrick@Durusau.net
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005