OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocument TC coordination call minutes 2007-04-23

* Roll call

Robert Weir, IBM
Patric Durusau
Florian Reueter, Novell
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Eike Rathke, Sun Microsystems
Oliver Wittmann, Sun Microsystems
Bruce D'Arcus, OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, OpenDocument Foundation
David A. Wheeler, OpenDocument Foundation

* Minutes from last coordination call
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last

* action items
michael - follow up on docuemnt settings, in porgress
rob - design principles, backwards compat, in progress
all - submit list proposals, done

* status update
ODF 1.2, editing in progress
michael will send out updated draft during this week

* sub committees
A11Y - no updates
DavidW: no specific updates
following up on example/test-case status issues with Patrick and Jim
close to draft
maybe in two weeks

* list proposals
Michael: we have two proposals. We got two analysis, one from Oliver and
one from Florian which was a little bit later than we agreed.
Michael: we have a couple of options now.
... we can ask Oliver whether we can vote or whther he needs more time
to reply to Florian
Oliver: it's OK for me to Vote
Michael: we can vote electronically or on the call
Gary: I'd rather vote electronically to have it recorded probably
Rob: we have good attendance today, but not everyone is here. So voting
electronically might get wider participation
Michael: I will set up ballot to run for a week starting tomorrow
running for 7 days
-> Action item for Michael

* Reports about symposium
Rob: 150 participants (16 countries)
  tech track + management track
  TC workshop before symposium
  ODF workshop after symposium
  15 people attended the workshop
    presentations on many topics: A11Y interop...
    good coverage
  good presence from china (12-15 representatives)
    hosted one of the receptions
  46% of OASIS participants are from outside the US
  next year: changes to the OASIS rules, in general raising the bar to
standard approval. Conformance clauses becoming mandatory.
  call for removing RAND option by Bob Sutor
Michael: I attended the TC track. And starting this June we need those
conformance clauses.
We already have a conformance section. We should work on adopting that
according the rule
Lars: are the rules available yet
Rob: it's on the OASIS page
Rob: informal meeting between ODF TC and ODF-Adoption TC
discussion about interoperability
issue with specification is "how much is the specification dictating the
behavior of the application"
profiles as a solution that many found attractive
Lars: I don't think profiles have much practical values for users
Rob: they are however very helpful for procurement

Michael: there was discussion on whether 1.2 should be called 2.0
because there are some significant changes. Adoption TC will also 
discuss this and give advice. I prefer to stick with the current 1.2 
naming scheme
Rob: that was more of a marketing question, highlighting the innovations
or whether we wanted to emphasize the backwards compatibility.
Michael: concern that name change implies break of compatibility

Michael: start electronic ballot for list proposal voting

Sun Microsystems                Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>
Nagelsweg 55                    Software Engineer
20097 Hamburg, Germany          Phone: +49 40 23646 959
http://www.sun.com/             Fax:   +49 40 23646 550
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1,
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten, Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Haering

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]