Subject: Re: [office] xml:lang settings. Confused.

On Jun 25, 2007, at 9:31 AM, David Faure wrote:

> So I think the latin/CTL/asian split is a hack -- a half-solution
> which doesn't fully solve the
> problem and only makes it more complicated. I would wish it out of the
> ODF spec
> (KOffice certainly doesn't have such a weird split), but then people
> will say again
> that we are against interoperability with microsoft....

:-)

So what would you propose as a better solution?

Also, how well does the current "hack" handle the issue this user
outlines:

<http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/907/word-pluginzotero-feature-
request-flexible-commentary-in-footnotes-via-flexible-fonts>

So the issue they point out is that they often mix Latin, Hebrew,
Greek, etc. within a single text [this is a scholar], but that existing
software does a pretty poor job handling it. As a result, it seems,
they are forced to manually switch fonts and font-sizes to get the
right glyphs and presentation.

If this is unrelated, just ignore it. Just thought it might have some
connection.

Bruce