Subject: Re: [office] merging nested tables with surrounding table

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 16:48:37 Andreas J Guelzow wrote:
> See above example. Failure to provide such support would complicate the
> description of that table.

To be sure we are talking about the same thing; the example you gave is
naturally still possible using subtables.  I have not seen any suggestion
to remove that feature.
The complexity of the example table is also such that its reasonable to
expect the user to grasp the concept of subtables, since he would not
have created the table otherwise.   Using join and split cells you can
also reach a similar idea, but it would not act the same, so it would be
an active user-intended idea to place the subtable where it is.

--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature