Subject: Legal child elements of <table:table-cell> in spreadsheetapplications

Hi there,

While reading Section 8.1.3 - "Table Cell" - of the ODF 1.2 draft spec,
I've noticed that the spec allows an arbitrary number of elements
defined as the "text-content" as child elements of <table:table-cell>.

So, I looked up the Relax NG definition of the "text-content" pattern,
which is defined as follows:

<define name="text-content">
	<choice>
		<ref name="text-h"/>
		<ref name="text-p"/>
		<ref name="text-list"/>
		<ref name="text-numbered-paragraph"/>
		<ref name="table-table"/>
		<ref name="draw-a"/>
		<ref name="text-section"/>
		<ref name="text-soft-page-break"/>
		<ref name="text-table-of-content"/>
		<ref name="text-illustration-index"/>
		<ref name="text-table-index"/>
		<ref name="text-object-index"/>
		<ref name="text-user-index"/>
		<ref name="text-alphabetical-index"/>
		<ref name="text-bibliography"/>
		<ref name="shape"/>
		<ref name="change-marks"/>
	</choice>
</define>

But are all of these really allowed as child elements of

While it may make sense to allow them in a table cell in a word
processor application (which is also represented by the
cell inside a spreadsheet application.  And the text part of the
aforementioned section is rather ambiguous about whether there is any
differentiation in the definition of <table:table-cell> between word
processor and spreadsheet applications.

For instance, what is an ODF-supporting spreadsheet application supposed
to do when it sees a <table:table> element as a child element of

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida - OpenOffice.org Engineer - Novell, Inc.
<kyoshida@novell.com>