Subject: OpenDocument TC coordination call minutes 2007-08-06

*rollcall

Yue Ma, IBM
Rob Weir, IBM
Helen Yue, IBM
David A. Wheeler
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Eike Rathke, Sun Microsystems
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann, Sun Microsystems

* minutes from last call
no objections

* action items
Michael: URL for uploading documents
in progress

Michael: How can A11Y guidelines be referenced from OASIS page
in progress

* proposals that are ready for voting

* relative stroke length
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200708/msg00006.html
- it was unclear to what the percent value related
answer is that it relates to the line width (thickness)
Michael: I noted some inconsistent terminology in the spec regarding
stroke dashes which should be cleaned up in the next draft
Rob: Are we sure that we are not overspecifying this feature? Is it
implementable
Michael: its already done in OpenOffice.org
... terminology is adopted from SVG
... SVG does however not support line styles and this is what this
feature is about
no objection
RESOLVED

* deprecation of tables:is-subtable attribute
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200706/msg00060.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200707/msg00069.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-accessibility/200708/msg00009.html
Michael: was requested by A11Y SC. TC recommendation was to leave the
attribute in the spec but remove examples and text suggesting to use
sub-tables as a substitute for col/rowspan.
... A11Y has indicated that they are fine with this recommendation
David_W: I thought we wanted to explicitly state that it shouldn't be
used for for spanning (because that is not what it's for)
Michael: that would make sense, if no one disagrees
"the sub-table attribute should not be used to express spanned rows and
columns. see [spanning]"
no objections
RESOLVED

* enhanced annotations
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200708/msg00007.html
Oliver submitted a revised proposal...
Rob: haven't yet read over it, I think it was send out on Sunday
afternoon. We may want to hold out on the decision until all interested
parties have had a possibility to read it...
Michael: it should now be clear that this feature is an enhancement of
an existing feature. Thus it is not in conflict with the metadata work.
... but we hold off on the decision another week, so everybody can have
a look at it once more

* preview images
Michael: Current spec gives size and color depth for the image. However,
the specifications are too small for what some systems use. Thus I
proposed that we make no statements about the size/colors at all.
... I would think we may add a note that gives guidance on what current
systems expect...
... please review proposal and post to the list

--
Sun Microsystems                Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>
Nagelsweg 55                    Software Engineer