Subject: Re: [office] ODF 1.2 - version info in meta inf?

Hi Dave,

Dave Pawson wrote:
> On 17/08/07, Malte Timmermann <Malte.Timmermann@sun.com> wrote:
>> While working on adding a Digital Signatures specification to ODF 1.2, I
>> stumbled over the fact that I need to know if a document is v1.2 or
>> older, because the specification is a little bit different to the
>> implementation we have right now in OpenOffice.org.
>>
>> Of course I can add the version info to the signatures stream, but I
>> wonder if this isn't something that should be available "globally" via
>> META-INF?
>
> I can remember asking for the schema version to be added to an instance.
> I *thought* that had been accepted.
>
> Isn't it available Malte? I think it was an attribute on the root element.
> If missing, presume prior to 1.2

The OpenDocument specification actually defines multiple schemas. The
version attribute exists for the schemas used for the content.xml,
styles.xml, meta.xml and settings.xml. But right now, it does not exist
for the schema used by the META-INF/manifest.xml stream, and it does not
exist for the schema used by the new META-INF/documentsignatures.xml stream.

> regards

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten