Subject: [Fwd: Proposal: layer-set per page]

Dear TC members,

please find attached a revised layer-set per page proposal from my
colleague Christina Lippka.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Proposal: layer-set per page
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 10:51:06 +0100
From: Christian Lippka - Sun Microsystems Gmbh - Hamburg
<Christian.Lippka@Sun.COM>
To: Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM>
CC: Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann@zagge.de>, Jan Hambrecht
<jaham@gmx.net>, David Faure <faure@kde.org>
<200709101751.36507.t.zachmann@zagge.de> <471767C1.5040608@sun.com>
<200710200700.10424.t.zachmann@zagge.de>

Hi All,

please find attached a diff to the current opendocument specification
that integrates set of layers for pages.
I documented that set of layers do not change the paint order, this was
already the current behavior so this
is only an update of the documentation.
I added the layer-set element to pages and master-pages and updated
their documentation and rng section.
I learned that we already have the attributes "draw:protected" and
"draw:display" so I made no changes there.

Regards,
Christian

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten

* Change description of "9.1.2 Layer Sets" to

The element <draw:layer-set> defines a set of layers. If placed inside a <draw:master-page>
or <draw:page> element it defines a set of layers for that page. If placed inside the
<office:master-styles> element it defines a set of layers for all pages that do not have
their own set of layers.
Layers group drawing objects. Drawing objects may be assigned to these layers with the help of
their draw:layer attribute. Assigning a shape to a layer does not change the paint order for the shapes.

* Change rng section of "9.1.4 Drawing Pages" to

<define name="draw-page">
	<element name="draw:page">
		<ref name="common-presentation-header-footer-attlist"/>
		<ref name="draw-page-attlist"/>
+		<optional>
+			<ref name="draw-layer-set"/>
+		</optional>
		<optional>
			<ref name="office-forms"/>
		</optional>
		<zeroOrMore>
			<ref name="shape"/>
		</zeroOrMore>
		<optional>
			<choice>
				<ref name="presentation-animations"/>
				<ref name="animation-element"/>
			</choice>
		</optional>
		<optional>
			<ref name="presentation-notes"/>
		</optional>
	</element>
</define>

* Add the following to the description after the rng section of "9.1.4 Drawing Pages"

[...]

The elements that my be included in the <draw:page> element are:
+ * Layers
  * Forms
  * Shapes
  * Animations
  * Presentation notes

* Change the rng section of "15.5 Master Pages" to

<define name="style-master-page">
	<element name="style:master-page">
		<ref name="style-master-page-attlist"/>
		<optional>
			<ref name="style-header"/>
			<optional>
				<ref name="style-header-left"/>
			</optional>
		</optional>
		<optional>
			<ref name="style-footer"/>
			<optional>
				<ref name="style-footer-left"/>
			</optional>
		</optional>
+		<optional>
+			<ref name="draw-layer-set"/>
+		</optional>
		<optional>
			<ref name="office-forms"/>
		</optional>
		<zeroOrMore>
			<ref name="style-style"/>
		</zeroOrMore>
		<zeroOrMore>
			<ref name="shape"/>
		</zeroOrMore>
		<optional>
			<ref name="animation-element"/>
		</optional>
		<optional>
			<ref name="presentation-notes"/>
		</optional>
	</element>
</define>

* Add the following to the description after the rng section of "15.5 Master Pages"

[...]

The elements that my be included in the <style:master-page> element are:
  * Headers and Footers
+ * Layers
  * Forms
  * Styles
  * Shapes
  * Presentation animations. See section 9.7.
  * Presentation notes
  * Page Name