Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: chart:right-angled-axes]]

Dear TC members,

please find below some feedback from Ingrid Halama regarding ODF 1.2.
She has started to implement ODF 1.2 for OpenOffice.org Chart, and found
an inconsistency with the new "chart:right-angled-axis" attribute.

Her suggestion below sounds reasonable to me. I think we should consider
  it.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: chart:right-angled-axes]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:17:44 +0100
From: Ingrid Halama <Ingrid.Halama@Sun.COM>
To: Michael Brauer <Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM>
CC: Bjoern Milcke <Bjoern.Milcke@Sun.COM>

Dear TC,

An early implementation of ODF 1.2 revealed a design problem with the
new attribute 'right-angled-axes'. It is defined as an attribute at the
plot-area element in draft 6 (see section 10.5.2 in draft 6). I would
like to suggest to define it to be a property instead. The reason is
that the 'right-angled-axes' attribute only describes one aspect of the
visual appearance of three dimensional charts. Even the information
whether a chart is three dimensional or not is defined by a property and
not by an attribute ( see 'chart:three-dimensional' in section 16.30.1
in draft 6).

The following changes would be necessary:
1) Remove the part about the 'right-angled-axes' from section 10.5.2 in
draft 6:
Remove section:
"The attribute chart:right-angled-axes can be used ...  not drawn in a
perspective look."

and

<optional>
      <attribute name="chart:right-angled-axes" a:defaultValue="false">
              <ref name="boolean"/>
      </attribute>
</optional>

2) Introduce a new section 16.30.3 'Right Angled Axes' after section
'Chart Depth' and before former 16.30.3
(The description text remains the same but the fragment must be adapted.):

The attribute chart:right-angled-axes can be used for 3D charts. If set
to true it specifies that two of the three axes in the cartesian
coordiante system of the 3D scene must form a right angle in the
rendered projection. One axis projection is vertical and one is
horizontal. Thus the chart is not drawn in a perspective look.

<define name="style-chart-properties-attlist" combine="interleave">
        <optional>
                <attribute name="chart:right-angled-axes">
                        <ref name="boolean"/>
                </attribute>
        </optional>
</define>