Subject: Re: [office] Namespace 'of' for formula expressions

I am going to use the terminology from the XML namespace standard[1]
in this post.

I see no harm in allowing different qualified names for a given
namespace name. It's XML after all. If your tool so simple that it
doesn't understand XML namespaces, then your tool shouldn't be marked
compliant with an XML-based standard. Also, people who understand XML
would be required to think about qualified names in ODF documents
differently than other XML documents if we require the qualified name
to be some fixed string.

I think that the ODF standard should indicate which qualified names
correspond to which namespace names for the purposes of interpreting
the standard. However, the ODF standard should not require that
certain qualified names be used in all ODF documents.

[1]http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-names11/

wt