Subject: Re: [office] Restoring examples in OpenFormula spec

David, all,

Patrick Durusau wrote:
> David,

[...]
> So, what about a non-normative version with the examples and other
> materials? That would allow not only some examples but as many as you
> care to insert.

I think this is a good idea, and I also see not problems with
maintaining this. We currently have an editable version of the formula
spec which contains the examples and we remove them using XSLT when we
publish documents. That's one option.

For the main specification we currently have a version that does not
contain cross references but we add them automatically based on
information from the schema. We don't do that once, but dynamically for
every draft. So keeping the examples separate and inserting them then a
non-normative version if requested should work as well.

ODF + RNG + XSLT is powerful enough to do all that.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten