Subject: ODF v1.2 draft7-4, new ODF schemas

Dear TC members,

I have uploaded a new ODF v1.2 draft at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/28781/OpenDocument-v1.2draft7-4.odt

This is essentially the same as the previous draft, except that I have
corrected a few spelling and reference errors that I noticed while
generating the cross references. Actually, the following consistency
checks take place while generating the cross references:

- For each heading that looks like an element name or attribute it is
checked whether there is an element or attribute definition in the schema.

- For each heading that looks like an element name or attribute it is
checked whether there is an reference anchor point in the document
(these are the paragraphs starting with element- or attribute-)

- For each reference anchor point is is checked whether there is an
element or attribute definition in the schema.

The consistency checks do not report any errors for the draft that I
have uploaded.

In addition this, I have renamed the draw:stroke-linecap property to
svg:stroke-linecap. This is something we have agreed recently. I had
changed that already in the schema, with the result that the consistency
checks reported an error for this attribute.

I further have added a few paragraph styles that are used for the
generated cross references. This allows to differ between generated and
non-generated text, so that the generated could be removed.

And I consolidated the reference marks and references used in the
specification, also using an XSLT stylesheet. All reference marks now
include the full text of the heading in which they appear. This means
they are defined by <text:reference-mark-start> and
<text:reference-mark-end> now rather than by a single
<text:reference-mark> element. Furthermore, the names of references
marks for element and attribute headings now equal those used by the
generated cross references.

While doing the consistency checks I further noticed that we had
included a few proposals into draft 7 where the definitions were missing
in the schema. Reason for this is that the schema was based on draft6,
but not on the latest draft which included a schema. This is corrected
now. I further corrected two minor errors in the schema.

The new schema is available at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/28797/OpenDocument-schemas-v1.2-draft7.zip

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS