Subject: Re: [office] Discussion of xml:id proposal

Dave Pawson wrote:
> 2008/7/16 Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg
> <Michael.Brauer@sun.com>:
>> Dear TC members,
>>
>> I would like to discuss the following proposal in the next TC call:
>>
>> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/proposal%3Axml-id
>

> Are you proposing http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#NT-NCName
> or http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-names11/#NT-NCName
> for the syntax?

For the syntax of what?

> Just to clarify.
>
> If accepted, we will have 'id' uniqueness requirements on the listed elements?
>  If so, xml requires uniqueness across the document.
>   Will that be the containing document or the zipped set?

If accepted, we will have the id uniqueness that the xml:id
specification defines:

"The values of all attributes of type “ID” (which includes all xml:id
attributes) within a document are unique."

For packages this means that ID must be unique within a single sub file
only.

> If a user is allowed to enter an xml:id value, how will this uniqueness be
> enforced? Not mentioned in the proposal?

Since ODF defines file format rather than a specification for an office
application this is out of the scope of the ODF specification.

Michael

> regards

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS