Subject: OpenDocument v1.2 draft 7-5

Dear TC members,

as announced recently, I have developed an XSLT stylesheet that checks
whether all element and attributes that are defined by the schema do
also have a heading and an reference anchor in the specification
document. In agreement with Patrick, I have added all missing headings
and anchor points to the specification. The result is draft 5 that I
have uploaded today.

The editable version of the document can be found here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/28892/OpenDocument-v1.2-draft7-5.odt

A version with generated cross references and default values can be
found here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/28893/OpenDocument-v1.2-draft7-5-xref.odt

During the test I found an error in the schema that I have corrected.
The updated schema is available here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/28891/OpenDocument-schemas-v1.2-draft7.zip

Most changes I made are minor changes, like the addition of a missing
heading or anchor points (in ODF 1.1, some attributes were described as
part of their parent element only) or the correction of spelling errors.

The larger changes I made are:
- I have partially integrated the meta data proposal, since I had
integrated this already in the schema, with the result that many
differences were reported.
- We had no separate sections and description for the child elements and
attributes of style:font-face, svg:linearGradient and
svg:radialGradient. Reason was that we adopt these elements from SVG, so
that a reference to the elements itself was sufficient. However, since
we included the schema, I have added section for all child elements and
attributes.

I had already developed a test that checks whether all element and
attribute headings and anchors that appear in the specification do also
appear in the schema. We therefore can say for draft 5 that all elements
and attributes in the schema have a heading and an anchor point in the
specification, and vice versa.

One of the open questions is whether we want to include the schema into
ODF 1.2 (as we did with ODF 1.0 and 1.1). I have to say here that I was
in favor of this. My main argument was that this makes it easier to keep
the specification and the schema consistent. However, with the tests we
have now and because we generate all cross references from the schema
itself, I believe that at least this argument is not valid any longer.
So, the question whether to include the schema or to keep it separate in
my opinion now is just a question of style and usability of the
specification. I personally could imagine that we keep the schema
separate, but that just my personal opinion that I have right now.

P.S.: I intent to upload the consistency check stylesheets to the
document repository in the next couple of days.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten