Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Re: [office] Table Refresh Delay

Title: Re: [office-accessibility] Re: [office] Table Refresh Delay
My argument is that people will always be able to use technologies in annoying ways.  We should not, as a standards body, place artificial limits on things like this.  For starters, you have no idea what hardware and use cases all people have.  Most other technologies allow transitions over milliseconds to add multimedia type effects to documents.  A use case might be to fade a numeric value or background from one color to another over 2 seconds.  It would look chunky using only 6 transitions.

Give developers and designers control please.  You can suggest they do not refresh 1000 cells in a table 1000 times per second but you know someone will do it anyway.

Duane